Nowadays diagnostic imaging is the most common tool used by doctors to make a decision about patient’s treatment. The most widely-known test is diagnostic imaging ultrasound.
Using diagnostic imaging our doctors can exam changes such as:
- abscesses and cysts
- areas of ischemia and necrosis
- malformations of internal organs (e.g.. agenesia, hypoplasia)
- atrophic and degenerative changes
- neoplastic lesions
In our SWISS MEDICUS Medical Centre we perform ultrasound examination of organs such as:
- neck (thyroid, parathyroid, lymph nodes, larynx, salivary glands)
- abdomen and retroperitoneum
- muscles and subcutaneous tissues
- testes and epididymis
- prostate (through the abdominal wall)
- reproductive organs (uterus and ovaries) – through the abdominal wall and transvaginal
- kidneys, bladder, urinary tract
We also preform Doppler ultrasound which is a special ultrasound technique that evaluates blood flow through a blood vessel, including the body’s major arteries and veins in the abdomen, arms, legs and neck.
Do you know how to prepare for your appointment? Click here.
Our specialist: MD Iwona Andrzejewska
Appointments: Tuesday 18:00-20:00
Bookings: 42 209 30 50, 609 074 074